I graduated from Arkansas State University in 1983 with an associate degree in the applied science of law enforcement and in 1985 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in criminology. I started my law enforcement career as a police officer in Jonesboro, Arkansas, which led to my career with the United States Marshals Service in Memphis. During my career I also served as the chief of the US Marshals Service Headquarters Office of Emergency Management, and I had the honor of being appointed by Attorney General Michael Mukasey to serve as the United States Marshal for the Northern District of Mississippi at Oxford in 2009 to 2010.
Associations and Certifications
- Member of Germantown Church of Christ
- Graduate of Leadership Germantown Class of 2005
- Member of Leadership Germantown Alumni Association
- Served on the Germantown Public Safety Education Commission 2006-2008
- WMD Hazardous Materials Certification 2002
- Emergency Medical Technician-2002-2017
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency Antiterrorism Assessment Certification -2005
- Top Secret and SCI Clearances as well as DOE Q clearances
Awards and Commendations
During my career I have received numerous awards and commendations to include three awards for performance and leadership skills from three different Attorneys General (Meese, Thornburg, and Holder) and the Leadership Beyond the Standard Award in 2010 from the director of the U.S. Marshals Service.
City Commissions I Have Represented
- Public Safety Education Commission.
- Beautification Commission.
- ADA Access Review Commission.
- Tree Board.
- Senior Citizens Advisory Commission.
- Technology Commission.